Sunday 2 September 2012

On second thought, maybe I'll just stick to dancing



6163 / 50000 words. 12% done!

A Freeform Poem, By The Asthmatic, Out-of-Shape Author, Upon Taking Up Jogging

well this isn’t so bad
I feel kind of badass. Like the king of the road
Or the world
I think I like “king of the road” better. Sounds more Springsteen.
Man, my keys are REALLY noisy. I need a place to keep them that isn’t around my neck.
I think my watchband is loose.
Breathing is getting a bit difficult. No big. I’m the king of the road!
Okay, my chest is starting to hurt. I think I’ll stop at the corner.
Or . . . not at the corner.
Ow, ow, ow.
Oh hey! Passerbys! Well I can’t stop now; they’ll think I’m not committed to the jogging experience.
I am totally committed to the experience. I am the king of jogging. And the road.
Ow ow, burning chest pain, ow. Is this normal?
Maybe I should have googled this before going out.
NO. BADASS KINGS OF THE ROAD DON’T GOOGLE.
Is that a bus, or the bright light of my imminent demise?
Am I going to die like Oliver Welles?
 OH GOD THE BRIGHT LIGHT
IT CALLS TO ME
TELL MY MOTHER I LOVE HER.

No comments:

Post a Comment